Call. Tell Them What you Need.
Tell them immediately.
This is your business. Your appointment is confidential. Anything you say to anyone working at the clinic is private. Anything they tell you is private. Parents can’t find out. Your peeps can’t find out. Minnesota has a law that any minor under 18 can go to the doctor for sexual or mental health related issues without their parents permission or knowing.It’s your legal right to privacy. Clinics know this. You don’t need to do anything special to keep things confidential. But remember, if you use your parent’s insurance they might find out Don’t let that stop you. The clinic staff will help you figure out payment. Some have free services, sliding scale fees or payment plans. You can also probably sign up for low cost insurance of your own.
- Act responsibly. No matter what you learn. It's your body, and you're in charge.
- Take prescriptions as needed. If you need help, ask!
- If you have questions after your appointment, call back and ask.
- If you feel side effects from your prescriptions, call and let your doc know.
- Feel great! You went to the clinic. Be proud.